New York Times 6/29/12 Floyd Norris “Funds and allies defend the buck”
- Did you know that money market funds were not insured and could return less then a Dollar if the funds or banks were stressed?
- Money Market funds have 2.5 Trillion Dollars in assets. These assets may not be liquid in a crisis and the SEC proposes to make them safe.
- The SEC has stiff opposition from the Chamber of Commerce and the Funds. All the SEC wants is regulations in place similar to the FDIC.
- What do you think? Should there be new safeguards added to money market savings, too?
- 41.7% of professionals are worried about a second banking crisis
- Too big to fail, too big to manage and too big to regulate are equally pressing questions.
Let’s start to question, is de-regulation working for us? Flights to safety should be safe?