1. Bill Moyers / (Citizens United. ) Interviewed Trevor Potter on the influence of. the SUPER PACS. Be forewarned, the American people will continue to suffer if we don’t change the laws. If you want full time representation in government, we need full time Public officials. On 11/12/12 Colbert clarified, with Potter, that he could … More Public Advocacy: what’s new in congress and the state of American Manufacturing
1.When I returned home from a trip to Montreal, I watched CNN with Immense pleasure as they confirmed that President Obama and our secretary of State Hiliary Clinton, jumped in and helped broker the Truce, between Gaza and Israel. IT’s now up to the people to choose life and living over hatred and death, but … More Thoughts: Israel and Gaza Truce, Trip to Montreal & Look for a party…..
1.The price of cheap goods. FT 11/17/12 Ikea used forced German labour, from 1960 – 1990. The Swedish furniture maker used German political and other prison labor to produce it’s furniture. The Ernst & Young report notes that at least 66 companies with 117 factories in East Germany supplied the labor for production. Some prisoners … More The cost of doing business/ Public advocacy
1. On Metro Focus, A Forbes contributor reports on the power grid failure which is 50 years old . Peter Kelly Detweiler/ independent energy consultant / Constellation Energy stated that a Micro grid and smart grid are recommended to coordinate generators and first responders. Duplication and redundancy of equipment would be required for an adequate … More Metro focus stories and a personal note on Contributions
1. Jeffrey Sachs On Adapting to a stormy world. How do we prepare for the next crisis in weather? Generators on top of facilities instead of under ground. Bury wires under ground. Beware of the use of sea walls. Great cities on the coast, he suggests, should be tackling the cause of climate change as … More Be prepared to try something new, though difficult, we are adaptable!
1. Metro Focus on PBS displayed astounding videos on the impact of Sandy; Devastation in the Rockaways, the Jersey Shore and Nassau’s Long Beach. Call it what you want, climate change or not, but don’t think too long. . Our environment is changing and change has come to our Society. We should be thinking about … More Metro Focus : Our human story to be continued
1. NYTimes 11/9/12. An innovator vs a follower. Craftsman tools, a respected and up till now coveted maker of tools, has switched from selling an American made and designed product, The Bionic Wrench, to making it’s own rip- off in China. Approximately, 31 Americans are losing their jobs, as Dan Brown, the inventor prepares to … More Let’s hear it for the Home Team.