1. WSJ: 12/29/12. Dean’s list: Hiring Spree Fattens College Bureaucracy & Tuition. Proof finally, that the student loan program doesn’t need to exist ( my theory, not WSJ). A WSJ analyst, studied the salary and employment records of the University of Minnesota, from 2001 to Spring, 2012, , with the finding that 1000 administrators were … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Makes you think, plus worthwhile innovation
1. In 1996, Bill Clinton, signed into Law, The Telecommunications Bill , with the stated objective , to provide for a pro competitive, de – regulatory environment, opening information technologies and services to all Americans. In actuality, it opened the airwaves, printed content and video, to major corporate players; Time Warner, Rupert Murdoch & GE, … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: What happened to the news?
1. GLOBALIZATION IS AMERICAN COMPANY’S DOING BUSINESS GLOBALLY. I hadn’t travelled in years and the Countries that I’ve visited lately, have become Americanized. In Paris, the cab drivers asked us if we liked McDonalds as much as they do? So the next time you want to hate French Fries, think McDonalds. 2. Foxconn held a … More Public advocacy: We can do that……
1. NY TIMES 12/26/12 Legal curbs said to hamper ATF in gun inquiries: sales registry barred; no permanent director of the bureau? NO ENFORCEMENT & NO REGULATION IS THE ACCEPTABLE FORM OF GOVERNMENT FOR THE NRA & CONGRESS. Under current law, the bureau is prohibited from creating a NATIONAL GUN REGISTRY? CAN YOU BELIEVE IT, … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: A SEAT AT THE TABLE DECIDING LAWS !
1. Reading about Hedge Funds in The Sunday Times, to paraphrase, ORDINARY PEOPLE DON’T UNDERSTAND HEDGE FUNDS. BUT, THAT’s the point, isn’t it; NO TRANSPARENCY. Further along in the Business Section, Gretchen Morgenson Has A 2013 Guide to Better Behavior. It’s. worth remembering and requesting: A. Make it Sting; in matters of criminal liability, the … More Financial advocacy 2012/ Thoughts for moving forward
1. In the early 1980’s , I was a VP @ BANKERS TRUST, my job was to understand and uncover the origin of a loss reported in the annual report. Bankers gave me Carte Blanche to hire a team of young people, recent college graduates, plus an AVP( assistant Vice President ) to oversee the … More A FEDERAL OMBUDSMAN/ FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE: A seat at government’s table!
1. NYC ARTS : NY ; The National Academy of the Arts Museum and School, has a dynamite show by women artists, exhibiting their paintings and sculpture. While, At the Metropolitan Museum of Art there is an interesting exhibit of photography; faking it before photo shop. Photos worth the visit . NYC ARTS. ON CHANNEL … More Some fun and let’s be real/ We are on the precipice?