1. Part of the Ministry of Defense, Executes government policy in the West Bank and Gaza. A young captain coordinates all the goods going to Gaza. Cement goes thru foreign entities like the UN or WHO. Every item is logged and tracked. This is the Buffer Zone and the Israeli Military coordinates thru here. Working … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Israel Perspectives: Visit to IDF, GAZA BORDER
1/26/13. Thoughts on Israel : presumptions vs the actual experience. ( note: first 2 photos are of Ramallah. The last photos are of Rawabi.) I never felt unsafe in Israel, not even when we went to the Gaza crossing at Erez or drove into the West Bank with a member of the PLO. My experience, … More Public Advocacy: My thoughts/ Israel
1. Day 2 on the way to Gaza. Since the elections are today, there are no schools or government buildings open. We are currently in Moshav on Israel’s border with the Gaza Strip. ( For the history buffs, Gaza was given to Israel by Egypt when Israel with drew from Sinai.) ‘What does it mean … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: From Israel; new perspectives , the people speak
1. Day 1 , 1/21/13 , SWFS MISSION TO ISRAEL. Prof Uzi Rabi. From the Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern Studies. Cites his book; the 5 ways to analyze the Middle East. To paraphrase, we Need to develop a new set of Insights. He stated, that in order to understand the culture you need … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: FROM ISRAEL ; Many perspectives, People Ascendant
1. NY TIMES 1/16/13 Record taxpayer cost is seen for Crop Insurance? The worst drought in 50 years ( some of it man assisted) could leave taxpayers with $16 Billion crop insurance costs due to poor yields. Worse, these subsidies could cost the American taxpayer more then $94 Billion in 10 years. Is this how … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: What’s. new? Let’s understand the system
1. I was at a Private Party the other night when someone suggested their idea for making money, $500,000 jewel encrusted evening bags? You read correctly. Fast forward to the NY TIMES 1/13/13. Numerous articles on the State of Americans and America. Drought in the West, homeless in Wyoming, frozen crops in California; yet as … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: The news isn’t good , but we have choices!