Dear followers: Thanks for reading my previous Posts. I’ve brought you the facts on the macro level and now pose a hypothetical question to you: If you had 2 children, who you dearly loved, but appeared to favor one over the other, how would you correct the inequality? Without meaning to favor one over … More Public Advocacy: The Micro Level/Family & Money
1. To all my followers, I am deeply troubled by the ” state of our economic recovery”. I’ve tried to remain politically neutral , since I was disappointed in the results of both Parties. It seems that I was incorrect. The sequester and it’s results are too devastating to the American people to remain silent. … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: In my humble opinion, seeking the good life!
1. Code for America / PBS Access services on the Web. The Ecumenical Food Program coordinates with Civic Apps. , to link the homeless and others in need with vital distribution services. The young technologically savvy are being encouraged to help cities spend less and work smarter by using Smart phone technology. Sounds like a … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Progress on Issues?
1. PBS NIGHTLY NEWS: Rockefeller University weighs in on Cities and their need to build redundant systems. A Smart grid was proposed as a project, creating redundant systems with the capacity to respond to weather crisis by delinking from the network when needed. Rockefeller University will partner with Miami, giving them a grant to implement … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Highest levels of CO2 reported/ solutions
1. Yesterday I spent MOTHER’S DAY. Walking, through Red Hook, Brooklyn with my son. It was the ” best treat” on many levels. Relationships are tough, but we’ve bonded and have always, when not reading or discussing politics, have enjoyed ” the good life”. ART, FOOD AND WINE abound in this neighborhood, an easy walk … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: The good life; A walk thru Red Hook
1. During the past month my Blogging Community has expanded. This is a short note of Thanks to everyone. I will respond to you personally. However; it’s just me, Joyce and I request your patience as I move forward. 2. For those of you who have requested my feedback, let me state, Blogging is easy … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: A Thank you to All my followers
1. NY #1 : 80 days after a devastating fire destroyed the ART WORKS of Pratt students, Pratt has solicited and found space to show the student’s new work. Check out the exhibit, open to the public at 375 Park Avenue, NYC , 8 th floor! SUPPORT THE STUDENTS , consider a trip to the … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Good things happening plus Financial choices?