1. To all my followers, I am deeply troubled by the ” state of our economic recovery”. I’ve tried to remain politically neutral , since I was disappointed in the results of both Parties.
It seems that I was incorrect. The sequester and it’s results are too devastating to the American people to remain silent. The rise of the stock market , though beneficial to some, is another ” bubble” waiting to burst. In fact, we have many bubbles waiting to burst.
The vast inequity in wealth has made it almost impossible for the ” middle class” to recover. The loss of their houses, sometimes legal, sometimes through illegal confiscation has destroyed the middle class.
We are no longer a middle class society with upward mobility, we have become a Country dedicated to the health and welfare of the top .01%. No society, can survive without the middle class, without new innovations. We have lost our moral compass and only the rule of law can help us achieve the results we seek. I, too, am humbled by my loss of empathy and a sense of decency on occasion. it saddens me , that no matter how hard I try, it takes a ” super act of will to be even handed”. I am human, I have free will, but that will must be tempered by Law.
1. The Banking system, has indeed become Too Big Too Fail and Too Big To Jail. I count only a handful of Senators willing to support some financial reform: Elizabeth Warren, Sherrod Brown and David Vitter. There are now at least 10 Bankers advocating for a return to Glass Steagall .
2. Bernie Sanders is the lone voice on Citizens United. This law in it’s entirety should be struck down. I’ve come to believe, that Money and Politics, taken to the extremes that we see, have destroyed our Democracy. Perhaps it would be better to have a shortened political campaign season? : funded by the People taking the Lobbyists and special interests out of Washington?
3. Whatever happened to Common Sense? Whatever happened to integrity? Some folks still cling to our American Way of life but don’t have the perceived power to be a voice of change. If I am one voice and I am not perfect, then continue to listen to me and recreate the barriers between government and business interests. The interests of Big Business are self centered and do not help the Common Cause.
3.Meanwhile , the faster we accept Climate Change as a result of our efforts: the faster it becomes an opportunity and not a curse. 97% of the scientists agree that we are seeing rises in sea levels and aberrant weather, yet only 43% of the Public understands and advocates for the mitigation of Climate Change effects. Thanks to biased or non existent news on Climate Change the Public has been left out of exposure to data that would help them understand and advocate for better science. Luckily, there are isolated groups who are now becoming involved. The Universities, New Start Up groups and, in the not too distant future, The Insurance industry, will understand first hand that change is here, because they will no longer be floating on our premiums, they will be paying out property claims, before the ink dries on their contracts, That will make them believers and advocates for change.
4. The Fourth Estate, too long has remained silent on subjects of vital interest to the Public. They should be bringing the news, all the news that’s fit to print to our attention. Without well established newspapers and investigative reporting, it is not possible to make informed decisions. It is so difficult to get the news today, most give up or are forced to ” graze” many forms of verifiable media : like Pro Publica, The Economist, BBC, The New York Times, The Financial Times, Al Jazeera, The Wall Street Journal. If you’re interested, the news is out there but not easy to find. I half jokingly stated, that the massive lotto pot should be used to purchase the Bankrupt Papers on the Block. Their price tag was $660 Million. A hefty sum, but worth it to the people. We need news we can trust, not the best news a single Party chooses to distribute. It’s a thought for change?
5. Rumsfeld once said you go to WAR with the Army you have. The same is true for The Presidency and our Congress. We have to support and guide the President to make the correct decisions for our Country. However; he isn’t alone in governing and lack of cooperation by the other branches of government is not acceptable. We should be voicing our opinions loud and clear or this ” dance” in Congress and the Supreme Court will continue, until our Society is totally destroyed. As reasonable people, given our flaws, let’s request and submit our own options for living. Climate change presents an opportunity to join with Technology to start building the Society we want. Every time I hear it can’t be done, I remember FORD MOTOR CO., there was no such concept as CAN’t .
6. I look forward to answering any and all comments and suggestions you may have. In some of my posts, I will detail Bills that should be placed before Congress and have a countdown to action. I don’t believe the status quo should last. We have real problems of hunger, homelessness, and joblessness to overcome. Too much tragedy is effecting us on a daily basis. It is overwhelming for me to cope, I am so saddened by the constant bombardment of daily loss. However, giving up and giving in is not an answer. Like the courageous New Town Folks, we must ask; What would Daniel want or any of those poor kids, taken before their prime. What kind of Society do we wish for our selves and our children, If you can think it, it is possible. WALT WHITMAN STATED, ” MAN’S REACH SHOULD EXCEED HIS GRASP.” AMEN!