December 30, 2014
I have won an amazing grand prize trip, a raffle, sponsored by Pro Travel of Woodmere, Long Island, New York. You might wonder, how did I win and ” my response”, “be nice to your friends”, that’s how I won, I was asked to attend this function and I was rewarded, big time!!!
I’ve been so happy planning my trip, that my Blogging has suffered. However, I will take you all on vacation with me as I photograph London and Paris and give you a bird’s eye view of these cities and their citizens. I’ve planned every day of the trip and plan to attend theater in London and concerts and the Opera in Paris.
I expect day trips to include visits to interesting small museums and other city sites.
Join me on my journey, from the heights of 5 Star Hotels to ethnic restaurants . Oh, did I mention, I’m connecting London to Paris via the Chunnel. Truly an exciting adventure!
My Photo Eiffel Tower
Talk to you when I’m able. Thinking about you all and wishing you the best.
Happy New Year!
December 30, 2014
The WordPress.com stats” helper personnel ” prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Let’s join together to make 2015 a year of active Public Advocacy. I’m happy to provide a forum to amplify other expert opinions in a variety of disciplines that effect Us.
We have a voice, you have a choice and Politics does effect US.
Happy New Year everyone.
All the best. Joyce
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 3,300 times in 2014. If it were a cable car, it would take about 55 trips to carry that many people.
Click here to see the complete report.
December 20, 2014
Last week Congress passed a $1.1 Trillion Budget which guts Regulation of Derivative trades. Many on both sides of the aisle protested to no avail. David Vitter and Sherrod Brown proposed legislation to make Derivative trades less risky. This was voted down to the Country’s detriment.
However, I came up with a better idea in February, 2014 when I proposed a 3% tax on every $100.00 of Derivatives traded. ( that’s 3 cents per $100.00 traded. ) Why is this so important? Derivatives caused the Fiscal crisis of 2008 necessitating the bailout of the Banks at the expense of the taxpayers and the decimation of the Middle Class. Today, Banks and “Bank like entities”, which may be FDIC regulated, have no incentive to curtail these “risky” trades which are worth in excess of $2 Trillion in revenue to Bankers.
Using my simple tax or fee of 3 Cents per hundred, at $700 Trillion these Derivative trades would yield $1.068 Trillion in revenue for our Country. Think what a Trillion would purchase? Infrastructure, education, full employment. It doubles the amount America may spend to improve services to our citizens. We can finally re-develop our middle class! It is a win win. Since 3 Cents means that the Bankers get to keep $1.068 Trillion for themselves and the Country benefits equally.
How can I persuade you to LIKE this idea. How can I persuade you to actively support this idea? How can I persuade you to stand as one voice and demand that the Country share in this revenue? As an added bonus, if the Bankers have “skin in this game” , systemic risk will be reduced. A win win as stated.
Please watch my video and read the attached link for information on Derivatives. If there is one thing we can do for ourselves and our Country, it is insist that we get an equal share of the Banker’s profits. 3 cents for them and 3 cents for US. Politics effects US. Let’s make the system work for US. All the best. Joyce
December 17, 2014
Dear followers: During the last month, I’ve had the opportunity to visit several organization. NESRI is a grass roots movement, established 10 years ago, to effect social change. The folks involved, live by their Mission Statement.
- In Partnership with communities, NESRI works to build a broad movement for economic and social rights; including health, housing, education and work with dignity. This organization is based on the principle that fundamental human needs create human rights obligations on the part of government and the private sector. NESRI advocates for public policies that guarantee the universal and equitable fulfillment of these rights in the United States.
- I’ve linked their 10th anniversary video for your education and enjoyment. It is satisfying to hear about an organization that sets goals for Social Action and works to empower “we the People” for positive results.
- Please note: Cathy Albisa, The Executive Director and Co-founder of NESRI, has requested that I share their 10th Anniversary video with you, dear followers. Cathy urges me to “see and share their annivesary video”, celebrating 10 years of expanding the politically possible.
- If you are interested in taking part in a rally and the educational event in Vermont on January 8th, 2015, concerning the passage of the first single payer healthcare system in the United States, please contact NESRI or those cited in the attached link. http://www.nesri.org/take-action/make-the-countrys-first-universal-publicly-financed-health-care-system-a-reality-calling-on-everyone-to-support-theI’ve been asked, if I know anyone really interested in in the health care fight? There is a big day being planned in Vermont on January, 8th, with events planned around the implementation of the new universal healthcare law . (full public financing for everyone) NESRI is trying to raise $1800 to bring organizers from Maryland, Maine and Pennsylvania who are trying to create similar campaigns in their state.
- Impressive! Their funding is equally impressive: Atlantic Phianthropies, Ben & Jerry’s Foundation, Ford Foundation, Jewish Communal Fund, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the W.K.Kellogg Foundation to name a few of their current donors.
- Each social action “win”, is only the beginning. NESRI gives National impact to local actions by developing replicable and scalable models and spreading them across the Country.
Politics effects US. You have my voice, being involved is your choice.
December 16, 2014
Dear followers: This is the proposed text for my upcoming video. I ask for your verbal support now! This will be the first of several videos . This question has been bothering me for months, if I were to run for President of the United States, would you , my dear followers , support me? I will require assistance, a group of advisors, a team to broadcast our message and our concerns , to ” we the People ” nationally.
The country is awash in money but with the current status quo , it will never reach ” we the People”. The latest budget , $1.1 Trillion, passed by Congress , represents a giant step backward in Financial Reform. Imagine if a Derivative tax of 3% on every $100 in contracts traded had been passed? (Note: In my previous Blog dated February, 2014, Derivative trades were $360 Trillion, now they are $700 Trillion. There is too much risk and no accountability for these trades. I propose a 3 cent tax on every $100.00 traded in Derivative “type” contracts. 3 CENTS! Too Big To Fail Has just gotten bigger? ) With this minimal tax proposed, the traders and bankers would have some “skin in the game” and Country would have an additional $1.068 Trillion in revenue. The traders would keep $1.068 Trillion. We’d share equally. A win win!
- Imposing sound fiscal policy is “better” then punitive action. How can I persuade you, dear followers to insist on Fiscal Reform?
- How can I persuade you to insist on re-instating the “can do” spirit of the America I grew up with?
- If I fail to convince you that we have choices, our State of Inequality will persist and the already overburdened Middle Class will continue to slide into the lower classes: preventing progress and wasting the lives of generations. If you are not happy with the present state of inequality and wish me to run for president please hit the like button and let’s develop a Political movement that represents “we the people”, “for the people “: Politics effects US! You have my voice, I ask for your choice.
- Dear followers: I believe we have a power vacuum. I look at the State of our Nation and see a status quo which cannot sustain itself. As an American, I remember and support American initiative. I want to see an AMERICA that leads once again and has the courage to take risks and support our People. I want a resurrection of the Middle Class. If we never take the first steps forward we will never Resurrect the Middle Class. That’s why I’m declaring my intent to run for the Presidency of the United States.
- If you support my candidacy, please press the like button on this Video and feel free to offer your comments. Wishing you all the best. Let’s soar with the Butterfly and have a Heart. We no longer have time to waste. Video and much more to follow in the coming weeks. God Bless you.