Dear followers: During the last month, I’ve had the opportunity to visit several organization. NESRI is a grass roots movement, established 10 years ago, to effect social change. The folks involved, live by their Mission Statement.
- In Partnership with communities, NESRI works to build a broad movement for economic and social rights; including health, housing, education and work with dignity. This organization is based on the principle that fundamental human needs create human rights obligations on the part of government and the private sector. NESRI advocates for public policies that guarantee the universal and equitable fulfillment of these rights in the United States.
- I’ve linked their 10th anniversary video for your education and enjoyment. It is satisfying to hear about an organization that sets goals for Social Action and works to empower “we the People” for positive results.
- Please note: Cathy Albisa, The Executive Director and Co-founder of NESRI, has requested that I share their 10th Anniversary video with you, dear followers. Cathy urges me to “see and share their annivesary video”, celebrating 10 years of expanding the politically possible.
- If you are interested in taking part in a rally and the educational event in Vermont on January 8th, 2015, concerning the passage of the first single payer healthcare system in the United States, please contact NESRI or those cited in the attached link. http://www.nesri.org/take-action/make-the-countrys-first-universal-publicly-financed-health-care-system-a-reality-calling-on-everyone-to-support-theI’ve been asked, if I know anyone really interested in in the health care fight? There is a big day being planned in Vermont on January, 8th, with events planned around the implementation of the new universal healthcare law . (full public financing for everyone) NESRI is trying to raise $1800 to bring organizers from Maryland, Maine and Pennsylvania who are trying to create similar campaigns in their state.
- Impressive! Their funding is equally impressive: Atlantic Phianthropies, Ben & Jerry’s Foundation, Ford Foundation, Jewish Communal Fund, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the W.K.Kellogg Foundation to name a few of their current donors.
- Each social action “win”, is only the beginning. NESRI gives National impact to local actions by developing replicable and scalable models and spreading them across the Country.
Politics effects US. You have my voice, being involved is your choice.