“What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer.”
– [ ] Where are a few decent men and women ?
– [ ] I keep asking where are those people today. Why are Congressmen and women in Power unwilling to sacrifice their needs for the Common Good? Besides the Democratic Caucus, 5 Congressmen and women of the GOP spoke out against Trumps latest executive order banning immigration from 7 Muslim Countries, causing chaos among our citizens returning from foreign lands.
– [ ] The will of the People has been heard as protests erupted at airports and a Brooklyn judge tried to clarify the order. It is important to note, Executive Orders, do not carry the weight of Law.
– [ ] I’ll conceived executive orders will face push back from “we the People” and the Courts . Americans are watching and our President is watching. Let’s see if he can learn fast enough to avoid chaos. The World listens and watches , too!
– [ ] Push back is required against these rapid fire executive orders and the poor choices presented by the President for the incoming Cabinet Heads. He may thrive on chaos and impulsiveness but many of us function best by studying one major program !
– [ ] Equally important, the NSA , has Steve Bannon , deciding which Military or Intelligence Agencies are invited to this “forum”. From WNYC , this morning, this intervention goes against the Constitution which requires Military Participation at all times.
– [ ] Much has happened during Trump’s first week. It behooves us to keep our eye on what’s scheduled now.
– [ ] Two priorities were mentioned for the first 100 days : replacing Affordable Healthcare and Infrastructure jobs.
– [ ] Both programs require long hours of planning ,thought, and implementation by following processes and procedures , that can be codified into Law.
– [ ] It is time, past time, to cast aside identity politics and work together to produce the Goldilocks programs and government that we were promised.
– [ ] The rights of the many demand to be listened to. The rights of the many economically challenged got Donald Trump elected. The Art of the Deal must cease and yield to the Art of good governance. “We the People” did get 1 promise passed that was unanimously wanted, no lobbying for 5 yrs after leaving government. “. Don’t rejoice too soon, without law, there are loopholes.
– [ ] Meanwhile, “We the People ” must unite, while Congress and the President make up their minds about how to govern 360 million. We should be forming the National Centrist Party with every expert and creative artist we can encourage to join us.
“the heart and pulse of the Middle Class”