Dear followers I sent this letter to Senator John McCain this morning (6/22/17)! Please read and comment. I’ll have another PowerPoint presentation for you on Healthcare next week. Meanwhile, have a great weekend. See you tomorrow from Grand Central or the train as I make my way toward a “Glass Weekend” in the Berkshires. See you tomorrow around 11am. We’ll chat. My letter is “pasted” below for your review!
To John McCain
Thank you for responding personally to my letter and giving me the opportunity to communicate with you. I value your concern for your fellow countrymen and women and would like to offer my advice on Healthcare which is of great concern to the majority of people in our Country. This afternoon I listened to a Webinar by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement along with 679 other concerned citizens and professionals.
Based on their 2 hour presentation, I believe the Committee tasked with improving the ACA should consider the following :
1. Reassuring the Insurance Industry that subsidies will be provided next year. Take the uncertainty out of the Market, now, before it’s too late to guarantee payments and maintain their service to the States.
2. Reinstate the mandate for young healthy folks. It’s necessary to have a balanced insurance pool to maintain costs.
3. As we know from experience, the older sicker pool will cost more to insure.
4. Reinstate expanded Medicaid to the States. I know folks in Alabama who cannot afford insurance because it’s too costly and they don’t qualify for Medicaid. They would qualify for expanded Medicaid.
5. Before the ACA 50 million people were uninsured. NOW millions are insured.
6. We can do better. We should be offering quality healthcare to our citizens at least cost. If the wealthy are paying for the ACA through taxation, that’s fair and patriotic. Everyone gets Medicare and Social Security. Why not pay it forward? It’s the American way. We were always a generous people.
7. What is being proposed is a wealth transfer to the already wealthy. The government saves $880Billion by destroying people’s lives and the wealthier among us get a Trillion Dollar savings? The deficit decreases only because citizens obtain less coverage and those who don’t need the money benefit. If we’re worried about the deficit remind me to show you how I can generate Revenue and decrease the deficit without targeting taxation only to the most affluent. For example, “we” could consider taxing (6 basis points) Derivatives, which I consider “a weapon of mass destruction”; Joseph Stiglitz approved this concept and I’m sure Charlie Munger would, too!
8. Fix the ACA don’t repeal it and replace it with Mitch McConnel’s Draconian alternative. Look upon the ACA as a work in progress. Ask all the States to send representatives to congress who have experience administrating the plan. Let the States learn from each other and implement programs that encourage prevention and quality of life. You can’t leave the sickest most vulnerable individuals without proper access to Healthcare. Some one asked me today, on my Periscope program, Joyce America Speaks , if Healthcare was in the Constitution? It isn’t . However, how can an individual pursue their right to life, liberty and happiness , if they are suffering , in pain or dead?
9. Stabilize the ACA and move forward with improvements. Reinstate the monies to fund labs looking at economic and Technological improvements.
10. Reinstate funding for valuable drug counseling programs and colonoscopies, women’s and children’s health issues.
11. Allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices. I know many Middle Class elderly who rely on Medicare and Meals on wheels. They are retired school teachers, they have no funds to pay for medications , food, and insurance policies. They can’t be burdened with extra costs , they have no extra funds.
12. If the Congress really wanted to save money, they could expand Medicare for everyone. The system is in place and it works. The insurance companies could be maintained as well. I know, I have supplemental healthcare.
13. To my knowledge , this is only a rudimentary wish list, it can be expanded. I’m gaining more insight by listening to webinars by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Their last Broadcast on Technology titled “Technology , is it hurting or helping Healthcare”? Espouses a National Medical Database. It would facilitate patient care. I know about that too! When I had hip revision I was first admitted to Cornell Weill emergency , for a dislocated hip. My X-rays were transferred when I took them with me to the Hospital for Special Surgery. They’re connected to each other by a bridge , yet it is a bridge too far. Want to hear another absurdity, Cornell emergency wanted to transfer me via ambulance to HSS . They’re 200 ft apart. I refused and they wheeled me over on a gurney!
14. I believe you have a heart and you are your own person . Stand up for “we the people”, because you know it’s right. Be just. God Bless you.
If ever you wish to chat. I’m willing to take a trip to Washington, DC. I’m passionate about the well being of “we the People” and understand that”Politics affects US”!
Wishing you only the best
I remain respectfully yours, “the heart and pulse of the Middle Class”.
“The Voice of Joyce” on WordPress
@grandmajsilver on Twitter.