Dear Community , Monday is Voter Registration Day in NYC High Schools. I’ve volunteered to help register students and answer their questions. We repeat 2016 at our peril. Become a registered voter, vote for the 99% and restore equality to our shores. #NeverAgain: Will prayers satisfy the bereaved, when our children & teachers are slaughtered at school, #Never Again: Allow money in Politics and/or pay to play! Corruption has cost us our lives, our freedom, our health and a generation of lost creativity and equal justice and equal economic opportunity. #NeverAgain: will “we the People” allow selfish Capitalism to prevail. #MarchForOurLives & #RockTheVote in November.
There is much to discuss. I’ll see you Tuesday and we’ll chat.
Meanwhile, ponder some of my new favorite quotes sent by a close friend.
- ” Nothing strengthens authority as much as silence.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” –John Kenneth Galbraith
- “Government which attempts to control minds is accounted tyrannical, and it is considered an abuse of sovereignty, and an usurpation of their rights of subjects to seek to prescribe what shall be accepted as true, or rejected as false. All these questions fall within a man’s natural rights.” Baruch Spinoza
- Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they will differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable. GK Chesterton
- It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds. – Samuel Adams
- Bill Moyers paraphrased George Orwell: “Journalism is about what people want to keep hidden, everything else is publicity.”
- “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
“the Heart and Pulse of the Middle Class”