Hi there: I’ve just Posted two Bogs, they can be seen@ grandmajsilver on Twitter in their proper order or on Word press thevoiceofjoyce. Look for : Public Advocacy: Progress on the Issues, this 2 nd post is listed under May 18 th when it was started. Sorry for the confusion. Please read and comment, the … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Two new Posts released , please read and comment
1. NY TIMES 6/16/13 Even pessimists feel optimistic over Economy: To quote the Times, Is the New Normal, high unemployment growing old and at long last we’re going to produce healthier more lasting growth? The evidence: the Times cites the rise of the stock market and predicts that innovation will over turn 50 years of … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Education, Finance, Student Loans; Commentary
1. Code for America / PBS Access services on the Web. The Ecumenical Food Program coordinates with Civic Apps. , to link the homeless and others in need with vital distribution services. The young technologically savvy are being encouraged to help cities spend less and work smarter by using Smart phone technology. Sounds like a … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Progress on Issues?
1. When it comes to the choice between the taxpayer and the Banks, we know who won. The bankers: they got to keep their Banks, their risk, their shadow banking system, with no consequences or accountability expected. The taxpayers lost big time. They lost their homes, they took on student loans with no hope of … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: TAXPAYER CHOICES
1. FINANCIAL TIMES3/6/13 Student Debt Fears: Concerns are rising that an explosion in student debt will sap economic growth in the US, where consumer spending accounts for about 70% of GDP. To paraphrase, as education became desirable during the last 10 years, it also became more expensive. Our kids are graduating from college, with debt … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: News from the Financial Times & NY TIMES
1. I was at a Private Party the other night when someone suggested their idea for making money, $500,000 jewel encrusted evening bags? You read correctly. Fast forward to the NY TIMES 1/13/13. Numerous articles on the State of Americans and America. Drought in the West, homeless in Wyoming, frozen crops in California; yet as … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: The news isn’t good , but we have choices!
1. In the early 1980’s , I was a VP @ BANKERS TRUST, my job was to understand and uncover the origin of a loss reported in the annual report. Bankers gave me Carte Blanche to hire a team of young people, recent college graduates, plus an AVP( assistant Vice President ) to oversee the … More A FEDERAL OMBUDSMAN/ FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE: A seat at government’s table!
1. NY#1 Eric Schneiderman speaks about 501C4 MASSIVE MISUSE OF ADVERTISING FOR CANDIDATE ADVOCACY. This is a Loophole in the CITIZENS UNITED decision, that has recently unleashed $500,000,000 into the election system with no transparency, no limit on what a donor can spend on their preferred candidate. The solution: Insure transparency, do it anyway possible, … More CONFIRMATION OF ACTIVISM/ one voice does make a difference
1, NYTIMES 12/10/12. To steer students toward jobs, Florida may cut tuition for selected majors. The idea for a. $10,000 degree started with Rick Perry of Texas. Next, Florida took on the challenge which has been lauded by business groups. THough there is opposition , the goal is a noble one, put cash back in … More Education: the good news and the absurd/ Time to THINK!