1. NY TIMES 8/21/13 Front page: Non profits are balking at Law on disclosing political donors. Sure they are. The law was passed in NY to shine a light on All non profit contributions, including Political Donors. Now, a growing number of non profit organizations , spanning the entire ideological spectrum are seeking exemptions. Since … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: There’s always news to report
Hi there: I’ve just Posted two Bogs, they can be seen@ grandmajsilver on Twitter in their proper order or on Word press thevoiceofjoyce. Look for : Public Advocacy: Progress on the Issues, this 2 nd post is listed under May 18 th when it was started. Sorry for the confusion. Please read and comment, the … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Two new Posts released , please read and comment
1. NY TIMES 6/4/13 WALL STREET BUYERS BEHIND THE RISE IN HOUSE PRICES: The last time the housing market peaked in Phoenix and Las Vegas, it was fueled by small investors, not this time. Wall Street firms are buying homes for their equity portfolios, investing billions of dollars in Real Estate . The Blackstone Group … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Financial Reform; when?
1. During the past month my Blogging Community has expanded. This is a short note of Thanks to everyone. I will respond to you personally. However; it’s just me, Joyce and I request your patience as I move forward. 2. For those of you who have requested my feedback, let me state, Blogging is easy … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: A Thank you to All my followers
1. NY TIMES 4/22/13 Restyled as REAL ESTATE TRUSTS, varied businesses avoid taxes. The IRS is granting special exemptions from Federal Taxes, to corporations not registered as real estate trusts. The Corrections Corporation which is making the switch to a trust will save $70Million in taxes; Gaming Casinos and Spas will also save money as … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Financial Reform & NYC
1. NY TIMES 4/5/13. In sign of Global Warming, 1600 years of ice in Peru’s Andes melted in 25 years. This is significant because, the retreat of the ice cap in Quelccaya, may pose a threat to water resources in the area. It is predicted that large cities like Lima and La Paz may suffer … More Public Advocacy: All being Equal: Science and Finance truths
1.NY TIMES 4/3/13. B. Appelbaum: A debate in the open at the Fed, Two members of the Fed admitted it was hard to talk about the economic outlook of the Country without being a sourpuss. Mr Lacker, the President of The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond , said he didn’t expect the economy to recover … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Fed Concerns & The Entrepreneur Scene
1. NY TIMES 3/31/13 David Stockman opinion : Beware the Stock ” bubble”. Decades of economic activism by Washington have left us exhausted and broke. Over the past 13 years the market has crashed twice: 2000 the dot com bust wiped out $5 Trillion from American Household and in 2007 $7Trillion was lost due to … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: FINANCIAL REFORMS & MAN’s FUTURE
I wont’t lie. I will not be content till real monetary reform takes place in this country. Justice is Overdo. There will be no equality in the marketplace till the market corrects and laws are Re-instated to protect the consumer and the investors. No one rating firm should be singled out, nor should only one … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: MY WISH LIST!