Dear followers : Let’s chat at 11 am. Infrastructure is more then brick and mortar ! Let’s discuss! Infrastructure is the backbone of our nation; we all know it’s the solution to our economic woes, but have we considered what it means to have a strong enduring infrastructure? Infrastructure supports … More Joyce:AmericaSpeaks:Periscope@11am Infrastructure for the 21 st Century! People are the “backbone”of our Nation!
1. 9/1/13 NY TIMES: Facing fire over challenge to Louisiana’s Oil industry.Panel’s lawsuit over wetlands stirs tensions. Studies of the State’s catastrophic loss of 2000 square miles of marsh lands , which had provided a buffer against hurricanes, show that oil and gas activity has come at a steep price. While the State reaps oil … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Always something to think about
1. NY TIMES 6/4/13 WALL STREET BUYERS BEHIND THE RISE IN HOUSE PRICES: The last time the housing market peaked in Phoenix and Las Vegas, it was fueled by small investors, not this time. Wall Street firms are buying homes for their equity portfolios, investing billions of dollars in Real Estate . The Blackstone Group … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Financial Reform; when?
1. PBS NIGHTLY NEWS: Rockefeller University weighs in on Cities and their need to build redundant systems. A Smart grid was proposed as a project, creating redundant systems with the capacity to respond to weather crisis by delinking from the network when needed. Rockefeller University will partner with Miami, giving them a grant to implement … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Highest levels of CO2 reported/ solutions
1. I was at a Private Party the other night when someone suggested their idea for making money, $500,000 jewel encrusted evening bags? You read correctly. Fast forward to the NY TIMES 1/13/13. Numerous articles on the State of Americans and America. Drought in the West, homeless in Wyoming, frozen crops in California; yet as … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: The news isn’t good , but we have choices!
1. NY TIMES 1/6/13. Health Insurers raise some rates by double digits; loophole in new law hits small businesses and individual buyers the most. ACROSS. THE NATION INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE REQUESTING AND GETTING DOUBLE DIGIT INCREASES IN PREMIUMS. Personally, My small business has watched rates increase at least 20% a year for several years. To … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: More work to be done/ Humanity first!
1. NY TIMES 1/5/13. FDA PROPOSES BROAD NEW RULES ON FOOD SAFETY. After fatal outbreak , long awaited move to stop Contamination before it happens. FINALLY, Congress will codify the food safety law passed two years ago. In the 70’s , GMP’S ( good manufacturing practices) were standard methods of operation . Manufacturers were compelled … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Change is slow but it happens