1. Business as usual in Congress. The old shuffle , the old threat of shutting down government . They can’t mean it this time, can they? Tune out and close your eyes and maybe Congressional egregious behavior will disappear like a bad dream? One can hope? a Congress of Adults ? 2. $4 Billion for … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: What’s to think about? Congress? Society? Plenty!
1. Bill Moyers Sunday night PBS : Inequality in America; As the rate of lay offs decreased so did the rate of hiring workers. Corporations are awash in $1.7 Trillion in cash. 40% of all Corporations are registered as Off Shore tax havens, not including 4000 Americans personally sheltering their assets. For $1000.00 and 3 … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Advocate for the good life
1. FINANCIAL TIMES3/6/13 Student Debt Fears: Concerns are rising that an explosion in student debt will sap economic growth in the US, where consumer spending accounts for about 70% of GDP. To paraphrase, as education became desirable during the last 10 years, it also became more expensive. Our kids are graduating from college, with debt … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: News from the Financial Times & NY TIMES
1. 2/10/13 NY TIMES/ Gretchen Morgenson’s column/ On the waiting list at the debt rating club! As S&P. awaits a civil trial for rating securities they allegedly knew to be fraudulent , at least 10 other boutique rating agencies have not achieved SEC certification. One firm, R&R Consulting has applied for rating certification, though they … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Daylight shining on financial reform?
I wont’t lie. I will not be content till real monetary reform takes place in this country. Justice is Overdo. There will be no equality in the marketplace till the market corrects and laws are Re-instated to protect the consumer and the investors. No one rating firm should be singled out, nor should only one … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: MY WISH LIST!
1. I was at a Private Party the other night when someone suggested their idea for making money, $500,000 jewel encrusted evening bags? You read correctly. Fast forward to the NY TIMES 1/13/13. Numerous articles on the State of Americans and America. Drought in the West, homeless in Wyoming, frozen crops in California; yet as … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: The news isn’t good , but we have choices!
look at the graph #followers
1. NY TIMES 1/6/13. Health Insurers raise some rates by double digits; loophole in new law hits small businesses and individual buyers the most. ACROSS. THE NATION INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE REQUESTING AND GETTING DOUBLE DIGIT INCREASES IN PREMIUMS. Personally, My small business has watched rates increase at least 20% a year for several years. To … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: More work to be done/ Humanity first!
1. In the early 1980’s , I was a VP @ BANKERS TRUST, my job was to understand and uncover the origin of a loss reported in the annual report. Bankers gave me Carte Blanche to hire a team of young people, recent college graduates, plus an AVP( assistant Vice President ) to oversee the … More A FEDERAL OMBUDSMAN/ FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE: A seat at government’s table!
1. NYC ARTS : NY ; The National Academy of the Arts Museum and School, has a dynamite show by women artists, exhibiting their paintings and sculpture. While, At the Metropolitan Museum of Art there is an interesting exhibit of photography; faking it before photo shop. Photos worth the visit . NYC ARTS. ON CHANNEL … More Some fun and let’s be real/ We are on the precipice?