1. 9/8/13 NY TIMES Gretchen Morgenson Find the Loan, behind the Loans. On line lenders who charge borrowers stratospheric interest rates are coming under pressure from state regulators ..and it’s about time. But to get to the root of the problem, the Regulators will need to dig deeper. Under this system, larger Banks and security … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: We have a future
1. 9/1/13 NY TIMES: Facing fire over challenge to Louisiana’s Oil industry.Panel’s lawsuit over wetlands stirs tensions. Studies of the State’s catastrophic loss of 2000 square miles of marsh lands , which had provided a buffer against hurricanes, show that oil and gas activity has come at a steep price. While the State reaps oil … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Always something to think about
WHO AM I? I am a woman, a work in progress, on a journey of self fulfillment, self actualization and because of a unique set of conditions, I am a very positive ACTIVIST FOR THE PUBLIC GOOD. What do you know about me, or rather what do we all know about me. 1. I speak … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Who am I? The voice of Joyce
STOP COMPLAINING, STOP WHINING AND DO SOMETHING after 5 yrs we have an Economy we must all agree is right for us. We’re happy with our lot in life. We no longer need anything anymore. Case closed. This is it for America, we are an Nation of inequality and God Damn it we will complain … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: 5 issues to change our lives, A START?
1. Passion is both a positive and a negative, I know! Too much passion and you risk being tuned out. Too little and nobody listens , either? So, I might as well have an abundance of Passion and learn how to channel it . 2. When tasked with choosing between Scarcity and Abundance, I’d choose … More Public Advocacy: Have we given Lemmings a bad wrap!
1. One of our sessions was dedicated to Who Should Run for Office? Use social media to mobilize “your force for change”. Obama had the most successful campaign because he used Social Media to advantage and collected Millions by soliciting small donations from many people. “The Takeaway”, if you want to Run, decide which position … More Public Advocacy: Blogher 13 My Takeaway
Where is the silent majority? We’re always speaking about inequality. Let’s hear from the folks living without a pay check , starving , unable to feed their families. Let’s put a face on human suffering? How many have slipped from a middle class life , a comfortable existence , to barely scraping by? If you … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: The silent majority speaks
1. NY TIMES 8/12/13 Arid Southwest cities’ plea : LOSE THE LAWN. Water is precious in the Southwest. Prompting several States to offer payment as an incentive to homeowners to tear up their lawn. It’s working, but slowly. In Mesa, Arizona 250,000 ft ( 5.6 acres) of residential lawn has been returned to desert scape. … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: What’s happening in our Towns/ thinking Local
Personal Prologue: Blogher13 , was attended by 4000+ women, who conquered their surroundings and have “leaned in” for change. This is not a political organization, it is a group of women formed through a common bond; we Blog. We blog about our selves, our world, stuff, anything that is relevant to us and we use … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: Blogher13 (Women who LEAN IN)
1. NY TIMES. 8/1/13 : Banks Find S&P more favorable Bond Ratings. Echoes of 2008 crisis; Agency denies conflict as it rebuilds share of the Market. Five years after inflated credit ratings helped launch the FINANCIAL CRISIS, STANDARD AND POOR’s is winning business again. Ignoring a pending lawsuit for these practices, S&P, is again offering … More PUBLIC ADVOCACY: The Financial Tango