Joyce silver, residing on the UWS OF NYC SINCE 1996
My qualifications are listed for your review:
1. For the last 20 yrs I have been the CEO OF THE FAMILY BUSINESS STARTED IN 1948. Prior to the recession, Merit Carpets, Inc grossed $2.8 million maintaining a staff of 25 employees.
2. Prior to my employment at the family business, I was a Vice President at Bankers Trust ; with fiduciary responsibility reporting to the Chairman of the Board. I was hired to find a. Loss on the books of Bankers trust and did so with the support of 8 members of a team that I hired to specifically oversee the ” back” office operations of the Bank. I had over 125 direct reports spanning 3 separate depts. We instituted a system of transparency in Banking operations with executive accountability .
3. 1979 became the Manager of Diagnostic products for Pfizer, Inc. which was successfully spun off to Warner Lambert. I Rotated afterward maintaining P &L responsibility for Sterile Products and 100,000 ft of Pharmaceutical. Warehousing; which included the integration of the IBM SOFTWARE SYSTEM.
4. Started my career at FORD MOTOR CO. , Dearborn , Michigan as the super in charge of Ford’s anti corrosion program… HAD P&L responsibility for the implementation of $180,000,000 of new facilities among other responsibilities. I redesigned all sheet metal for both cars and trucks, receiving a citation from Henry Ford ll and the Ford Operating Committee for the $1.9 million savings generated.
5. MS BIO CHEMISTRY, PhD candidate @ Cornell Medical Center / NYU Neuropharmacology .
6. Honorariums/ Citations. 1984. WHO’s Who of American Bankers. And WHO’s Who.
7. Received a Certificate of Course Completion, Northwestern University, 2002, Women Director’s Program
I served as the 1st President of my Condo Board till 2001.
After reading my posts, I hope you’ll realize that I advocate change , transparency and communication. Thanks for reading , your comments are welcome as well as any innovations you may present.
Wishing you the best.
Very truly yours, Joyce Silver