• Science is right, climate and water are critical concerns. There are 11 of 33 major aquifers in the world that are going dry. The scientist who recognized the Big Short, years before the financial collapse, is now watching the world’s supply of water closely. Resources for life may be going scarce but rather than being afraid, we should look at this opportunity to create more jobs.
• Think smart, develop ways to utilize naturally generating methane on farms to capture “gas” for powering the farm.
• Bury Containers or create artificial pools on farmland to trap massive downpours for future use.
• Utilize Genetically modified plants to be drought resistant.
• Set up desalinization plants to reclaim fresh water from salt water.
• Decrease subsidies to Fossil Fuels which now total $660 Billion+ and shift funds to alternative energy. We have no program nationwide to use energy efficient or carbon neutral fuels. Our use of 4th Generation Nuclear Power Plants, wind and Solar energy can be increased substantially, providing twice as many jobs as the “sunset industries”,( fossil fuel industry),
• Tax carbon emissions to ensure we are capping their use. The revenue collected can be redirected.
• Continue to support solar and wind power nationwide.
• Investigate 4th generation nuclear power plants, using Thorium, requiring no storage facilities.
- In 2028, total increase in renewable energy jobs was 3.4% adding 2.3 million jobs while the fossil fuel industry increased 4.8% and provided 1.1million jobs. Pivoting to renewable energy has a tremendous impact on positive job creation.