1. One of our sessions was dedicated to Who Should Run for Office? Use social media to mobilize “your force for change”. Obama had the most successful campaign because he used Social Media to advantage and collected Millions by soliciting small donations from many people. “The Takeaway”, if you want to Run, decide which position is winnable. It is important to note, that as the States become more empowered, women should run for State office; since, very few women hold State Office now. Go for it and use these resources, they all want to help. You’ve got the traditional parties plus! Pick an issue that you are passionate about and relate to People. We can do it!
- Denice Friozzi@ Emilyslist
- Linda Paulson@sheshouldrun
- Liz Mair @LizMair ( she ran Palin’s campaign)
- Sabrina Schaeffer@ SL_Schaeffer (Independent women’s forum)
- Moderator ( Jill Miller Zimon) writeslikeshetalks.com
- Wellstone Bootcamp/training to Run
- Rutgers University/Bootcamp under Debbie Walsh.
- Deb Rox Platform unlimited.com (Deb@platformunlimited.com) if you’re thinking of a non profit 501C3?It may be smarter to go for the money and not get entangled in a non-profit structure; Unless you decide your path Strategically years in advance.
Ok. Now that you’ve got the info, you decide. Elizabeth Warren, can’t be the only one daring enough, or smart enough to challenge The Incumbents!? She needs company! To paraphrase, Can you – yes you- be the change you want to see? We have choices.
6 thoughts on “Public Advocacy: Blogher 13 My Takeaway”
This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post.
Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!
Thanks so much.
I really appreciate your kind words and thanks for sharing my Posts.
Do comment anytime. All the best
Hi: Thanks for commenting and sharing my Posts.
Any suggestions you may have are welcome.
All the best. Joyce
Then more friends can talk about this issue
That’s my hope. Expand the conversation. Thanks for commenting and continue following me.
All the best. Joyce
Agree. That’s the point. We care, we share thoughts and move forward.
Thanks for following me.
All the best.