The next step for me, is helping you “read the news”, without having to “graze” for it, like I do. There is a real need to present the news, as it occurs, for your consideration and education. I’ve made a partial list of the periodicals , newspapers, websites and movies that shape my thoughts. I want to simplify that process for you by presenting expert opinions on subjects that concern us daily.
I read the following newspapers and periodicals:
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Financial Times
- Harretz/Israeli press plus(The Times of Israel, Honest Reporting, Camera, Tablet, Jerusalem Post Analysis)
- The Economist
- Foreign Affairs
I follow the following Independent Forums:
- The Roosevelt Institute
- The Brennan Law Center
- Pro Publica
- The newly established Marshall Project ( Neil Barofsky, formerly a public prosecutor, has founded this Institute to investigate Justice in America)
- NESRI Expanding the politically possible/ grass roots action on Human Needs and Human rights ( National Economic & Social Rights Initiative )
A wide variety of films and books also comment on our Society, check out:
- The Wolf on Wall Street
- Most films starring or created by Leonardo DiCaprio, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, George Clooney
- The Historians: Doris Kearns Goodwin, Jon Meacham, Walter Isaacson, Robert Caro
- Authors of Fiction: John Grisham, Arthur Miller, Edith Wharton, John Steinbeck, John Le Carre, Martin Cruz Smith. Let’s not forget Shakespeare who saw it “all”, meaning human nature and wrote about it!
- Opera and Theater commentary on previous eras, applicable to our times. There is nothing new in Human Nature. It’s new to US. Back to 1901?
Our resources are endless, but it takes time to seek out and present the facts. That’s why I need staffing and diversification of topics. I’m sure those interested in Health Care and “Foodies” and Climate Change have an equally impressive list of must reads, etc. Education should not be a chore, it should be a joy to explore our world for better understanding. The use of multi media is essential. Our kids respond to a variety of Web apps and I want to benefit and expand their knowledge base using a variety of social media sites. Learning is a collaborative, interactive method. To be successful many modes of communication are essential, look at the impact of Advertisement on our psyche.
Be creative, be flexible and develop a team to tackle the hard problems to make your life decisions easier for you. I will be asking for your support to help me help you, to be a more informed public. Your choice, when Politics effects US.